• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New (almost) member!

ophelan

Hey guys; I haven't introduced myself before, but hopefully I'll be joining the Deuce club soon. I first became interested in picking one up a couple years ago, but it just wasn't practical at the time. So, it went on the backburner with all the other cool stuff I want to do or buy. :cry:

Lately I've started poking around here again, and the circumstances are better for me to actually pick one up this time. Like many of you, this will be partial toy, partial tool - I don't *need* a truck particularly often, but when I want to move something, my daily driver doesn't cut it. I don't know if there are any Volkswagen fans on here; my normal ride is a Mk4 R32.

I've been keeping my eye on the southeast GL auctions; my biggest concern with going the auction route is getting stuck with an immobile truck, a small time window to move it, and a lack of experience and abilities to do so. In particular, there are a few decent looking trucks coming out of Cape Canaveral next week. I'm tempted to drive down and take a look, but I'm not really sure what I would be looking. Are there any Florida members that might be willing to demonstrate what a "good" Deuce should look like, or perhaps willing to help me inspect the auction stock?

Daniel

DanMartin

Welcome Daniel. You came to the right place for sure.

You might consider buying from a private party...especially one who may have gone through the truck and got it running nicely.

If auction is you way to go, there are plenty of people on here who have done it before that could help. Once you get it off the lot and to a place where you can work on it, the pressure should be off. :) Read about EUCs and SF-97s as well. There's more to it than just paying for it and hauling it home.

Hope to see you posting pictures of your deuce here soon...