• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Alternator Problems

dodgemain

I installed a new alternator I got from CME Arma. When I have Circuit 568 connected the alternator runs super super hot. It also seems like it stays hot when the truck is not running. If I run the truck without the circuit connected the alternator runs cool enough that I can hold my hand on it. It also cools down when the truck is not running. What is the purpose of Circuit 568? The manual states it "Senses system voltage and excites the alternator field." Can someone expand on the manuals definition? Is there any drawbacks to running the truck without this circuit connected? Why does it run hot with the circuit connected?

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Have you tested the batterys? If they are bad it could cause the alt to send maximum charge to them to bring them into "spec". That could burn out the new alt. I'm sure this is just one of many things it could be, as I don't know much of 900 series trucks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks