• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New And Better

dmetalmiki

Here is the final version Engine Oil Pre-Lube Pump. It work really well. I am so pleased with this pump I shall now go through and replace all my previouse pre-lube pumps with this type. Runs quieter, Primes soonish. raises pressure to engine oil system relief valve pressure, thus priming all system and turbo. The starts (especially on my 5 tons) are VERY much quieter. As is the start run.

Pump is german bosch, Gear pump. (would prime to 15Bar.). I switch off the primer at Max gauge pressure after I feel all the system is fully primed.

Video'd the start of my 5 ton REO to show.

(tried to start a new thread in mechanical modifications, but could not see a "start new thread" button. tried others = ok. start new thread went back to mechanical = no start new thread. ) Advices? comments.

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
what about some build info, that is something we can all use, thanks [thumbzup]

dmetalmiki

Build

Ok , Will take pictures of this pump. I have placed posts before on a different type of (unreliable pump as it turned out) on utube, and S.S. But to re-cap. (the title of one post I think last year) To keep it simple (the job) Remove sump plug. Relace with a 3/4 hydraulic hose union. Hose goes to pump which sits in chassis cradle just behind engine. (plenty of room). Hose from pump goes to Ist oil filter HOUSING where I drilled a 3/4 union fitting hole and braised (in the side). Wire it up through a 24volt starter solenoid or similar, to low voltage switch in cab (see video) and previouse posts. And yepee, really full oil pressure on start up. Actually I got so used to these pumps, that when my deuce pump broke..I could NOT BEAR! to attempt a start! with it..and waited for a new type to arrive. Honestly The engines are so unbelievaby Smooth and Quiet on fire up I just COULD NOT go back to Sitting there (tensing tum and "wishing" the gauges up anymore!. OH..& this utube vid is a quicker view M/be

HAPPINESS IZ PRESHURE.AVI - YouTube