• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New CUCV M1009 Owner

SDF Troop

I have made my first move into the MV world with the recent purchase of an M1009. I checked it out before buying from GL here in Huntsville. It was used by the Alabama NG (128th MP Co). It appears to be in pretty good shape all things considered. It has a gray dash board which I've been told is a replacement. The seats are in pretty good shape with only a small hole in the drivers seat. The tires look to be almost new. It starts and drives pretty good. I'm waiting on the SF-97. When I went to pick it up there wasa fellow there from Denver who said that his company had bought 15 of them and he was picking them up. Most of them started and only a few needed jump starts to get going. I plan on re-painting mine as the black seems to have faded quite a bit. I want to try to get it back to looking like an operational vehicle. Can anyone help with deciphering the tactical markings and what would be appropriate? I would also like to get antenas and correct looking radio gear for it. I seem to remember using the RT-524 sets before SINGARS was used. I also plan to use it driving to work infrequently.

ABN173

I have a antenna base you can have if you to meet me in B'ham. That is my home town. Act quick though as I am due to move to Washington soon.

Dale

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Can anyone help with deciphering the tactical markings and what would be appropriate? I would also like to get antenas and correct looking radio gear for it. I seem to remember using the RT-524 sets before SINGARS was used. I also plan to use it driving to work infrequently.
I couldn't get the image to download.

What are the bumper numbers to be deciphered?

Yes, prior to the SINCGARS you had the 12 series radios. This included different combinations of RT524, RT246, RT841, AM2060, and RT442. Depending on what was mixed and matched, you could end up with a AN/VRC-46, 47, 48, 49, 160, etc, etc.

SDF Troop

The passenger side front bumper has 128 MP. The Driver side has OP-1. Its reversed on the back bumper. I'm pretty sure the 128 MP references the 128th MP Company of the Alabama NG. Not sure about OP-1.

SDF Troop

Thanks for the offer. I'm not sure when I can get to Bham. I've been working OT on weekends and will probably be doing that for the next month. Could I pay for you to mail it to me? Regardless, thanks for your generous offer. Are you going to Washington State or DC?

ABN173

Thanks for the offer. I'm not sure when I can get to Bham. I've been working OT on weekends and will probably be doing that for the next month. Could I pay for you to mail it to me? Regardless, thanks for your generous offer. Are you going to Washington State or DC?
Washington state, if your interested in the base send me a pm

Dale

SDF Troop

Just got the title from GL today. Now its off to get the title. My wife has shocked me by stating she wants to use it when she goes to yard sales in the Spring! After all the comments and eye rolling I thought the CUCV was safe. My daughter still says she won't be caught dead in though :-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks