• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New CUCV on the road

ultim8gamr

I swear there was a thread a while back about the new CUCVs and some members have poster pics of them parked on bases. I was excited to see one last weekend while drivng home to Vote. I was passing through Fairfiled, CA so I'm assuming its from Travis AFB. Sorry the picture quality is poor. it was taken through the window as i was driving. I lucked out and had the camera on me. but enough talk.. here's the pic

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We had 2 of them. I can't for the life of me remember what the new acronym is though (not CUCV). They are very nice rigs.

Crash_AF

As far as I know, they are called CUCV IIs or CUCV IIIs depending on which generation they are. The USAF has been using them for at least 7 or 8 years, but they aren't being procured on a mass basis. Canada uses them a lot I believe.

The AF ones I saw back in 03 had regular civvie vinyl interiors with rubber floors, a radio and AC. I saw many more Tahoes than trucks, but there are crew cabs and Suburbans.

After further research to make sure I was being accurate, I came across a Wiki article about the CUCV. The new acronym is LSSV "Light Service Support Vehicle" which are current model Silverado 2500HD with a Duramax in Crew or standard cab. The Canadian service calls it LUVW for "Light Utility Vehicle, Wheeled".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commercial_Utility_Cargo_Vehicle

http://www.gmfleet.com/government/products/GMDefense.jsp?navSec=products

Later,
Joe

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks