• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Deuce and brake questions

Hawkshaw

Hello all, I just got my first duece(1970 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 wo/w) and the brakes are out on it. It has a leaking wheel cylinder on the rear axle. It will have to be replaced or rebuilt. I have seen all about the horrors of brakes going out on the dueces with the single systems. My question is can a dual system be installed on the M35A2's? I also understand that the requirement for DOT5 brake fluid. Can DOT 3 or 4 brake fluid be used in the brake system? If not is there a place where you can get DOT 5 in large quanities for an economic price? I am really looking forward to getting the duece road worthy and safe to operate. Thanks for the help.

wsucougarx

You can add a dual circuit on an M35 but it will cost you some money. I am unaware of any commercially available kits. You can use DOT 3 if and only if you completely flush out the current DOT 5 brake fluid. You can get DOT 5 for $30/gallon from Spruce Mountain Surplus. He is a fellow SS by the way.