• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Deuce for Me

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picking up my first deuce from GL, course still waiting for my EUC to be submitted, a week today, GL must be swamped? Truck is in super shape no rust or dings, has troop seats, heater, air shift, winch and power steering, full set of tools including the 8ton jack and the price was great. The only down side is it has 66K on it. Went for my first look after initial inspection prior to purchase and the GL guy even let me pull the batteries for charging and pull all the tools out of the box. Hopefully the EUC will clear in a couple of weeks, as it has in the past so I can take it to the Ar-OK-TX-KS-MO SS Rally!
James G.

Attachments

ida34

Looks good but one thing I see is the defroster cable is not connected to the heat distribution box. You may need a new cable. Good snag on taking the tools and batteries. I did the same thing with my deuce. It had two fairly new Deka 6tls. Have a safe drive home with it.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks like both batteries are going to charge and the trip home will be on all secondary roads and only about 75 miles.
James G.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks great James, good catch. PS eh, not bad! Oh to be only 75 miles from a base. Heck, I,m 75 miles from work each day.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
rumplecat said:
Went for my first look after initial inspection prior to purchase and the GL guy even let me pull the batteries for charging and pull all the tools out of the box. James G.
Are you saying that GL let you pull the tools and batteries BEFORE the auction was over?

FreightTrain

Banned
RE: Re: New Deuce for Me

IF that is the little rock truck then you got a good one.I was all over it back in december.If it is the same truck it was parked over by the M36 that was under the big tree front left corner of the lot.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I went down after the auction to check on the truck, that is when I pulled the batt. and tools, I wasn't very clear on the time line, the GL guy is a stickler on looking but no taking! It was in Little Rock, apparently it was bid on in a prior auction and went for $2600 but the guy never picked it up, I got it for less than half that, I was amazed it is a very clean straight truck, It looks like most of the 66,000 miles were in convoy not off road.
James G.

FreightTrain

Banned

If you(or anyone for that matter) go back tell him hi from the bama gang....He will know who we are....if not...tell him,Blue Ranger.....Mobile home frame Loading ramps......Spaz truck driver.....that should be enough!

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I was down there earlier in the day you and Wreckerman showed up he was on the phone to you giving you directions to the site when I had to leave for work. He just got in some truck for the NTC in Cal. they are the A3 deuces with cat engine, automatic transmissions and they have Iraqis flags painted on the doors. Unfortunately all the half dozen 5 ton tractors and the three M816s that were coming up for auction were taken by the Arkansas Forestry Dept. to make WATER TANKERS out of them, the wreckers were premo! I will be going down to pick up the truck in a couple of weeks, if you want me to have a look at anything let me know.
James G.

Lorax

Congrats on the truck. Looks good, and sounds like a great price for a wincher with PS.

Thats a rare situation being allowed to take anything off the truck before the EUC clears. The GL manager 'round these parts told me not to call again after calling to ask him a question one day. Hate to think of what he'd say if he caught someone taking anything off a truck before getting an EUC.

You need to put that truck in a parade. It already has the flag holders on the front bumper!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: New Deuce for Me

rumplecat said:
I went down after the auction to check on the truck, that is when I pulled the batt. and tools, I wasn't very clear on the time line, the GL guy is a stickler on looking but no taking! It was in Little Rock, apparently it was bid on in a prior auction and went for $2600 but the guy never picked it up, I got it for less than half that, I was amazed it is a very clean straight truck, It looks like most of the 66,000 miles were in convoy not off road.
James G.
OK, that sounds right. I misunderstood you in your first post that they let you take items before auction was over.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Re: New Deuce for Me

Since the batteries were dead he let me take them to expedite the recovery, I wanted to secure the tools asap since the last truck I got over in OK had them when I bid but were lost in the shuffle before my EUC cleared, But Ft. Sill GL is the worst I have ever seen, so I wasn't surprised!
James G.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks