• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Deuce Owener -- Still waiting to pick up!

therbert

Hello,

I just joined the SS and have purchased my first deuce. I am waiting for the EUC to be completed. It is a M35A2 (Tried bidding on the A3 model but was outbid.) I am planning to drive it home from Camp Lejeune, NC to Asheville, NC area. I have contacted a local guy that the DRMO recomended to come pick it up and look over everything. He has two himself and thay told me he does this a few times a month for repeat buyers.

I have included some pictures for you guys.. I know I am in a hurry to see it in person so I look at them all the time..

As I plan to drive it home.. I was wandering is I need to change the oil, filters, etc. He told me I should just top it off and go as long as there is nothing he finds wrong. Any comments? He said the maint on these are very well documented and I may be able to get a copy. Has anyone else done this?

Anyway, just thought a would take a few mins to say hello. Must get back to my home remodel.. ( I need to get this done or my wife won;t let me work on my truck until I do) HAHA

Thanks Again (Love the Site!!!)

Tom

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Congratulations Tom and welcome to SS! :beer:

Nice looking truck.

I wouldn't bother changing the oil on site, I'd just make sure it's full and drive it home where you can do the full maintenance program at your lesiure.

Definitely check the brake fluid and all the axles, tranny and transfer case. Some sites will drain major components and don't assume since the tranny is full that the transfer is as well.

Good idea to have a backup plan in place so if it does on the way home you aren't stranded.

Post and let us know which day you're going to get it, perhaps someone in the area can offer assistance in the event of a problem.

therbert

thanks all !!

clinto,

I am not sure when, but I am expecting the last week before christmas. I am not sue there is anyone around me that has one. I have never seen one anyway. I will be traveling through charlotte and then into marion and then to bakersvile.. To give you the rough route.

Thanks

Tom

FreightTrain

Banned
well,if you got it today and just send your first EUC...expect january pickup!Usually take a month or two first time off.After that is usually takes a month or less(some people have got approved in less than a week!!!)

Hmmm,Turbo truck,Boxer,Airshift,winch,....You don't want it.Send it to me.I will give it a good home. rofl

therbert

How do you know it is a turbo? I have someone checking it out on monday just because I am curious..

I am allready hooked and I don;t have it yet :twisted:

FreightTrain

Banned
The stack.You can see the V clamp on the stack above the heat shield.Plus the J pipe under the fender.Runs straight out the engine compartment turns 180 and out the stack.A non-turbo has a slip joint stack with a standard Ubolt clamp and the exhaust goes under the cab to a muffler then back out to a flex pipe to the drinking straw stack(Turbo stack is Much bigger!).

FreightTrain

Banned
I'll have to drag my old N/A stack out tomorrow and get a picture of it next to my trucks new turbo stack for photo comparison so I can post to all threads like this.....Seams there is no side by side pics available....yet!

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome Tom. Very nice looking truck w/winch. Very complete, front parking/signal lights are metal - Nice. (looks like you'll have to replace a couple side boards on the drivers side) . I believe they pulled it out for the photos. They did with each of the A3's as well.

Nice lookin Ex. What's the new ride, an M35A2 :D ?

I too am a ford guy since my 1st new Bronco - 1978 - 4spd, 351M.

Current Fords:

1995 EB Bronco - 351W
2001 F350 - 7.3 PSD 4x4 Crew Cab DRW Lariat
2002 Ex - 7.3 PSD 4x4 Limited

therbert

Desert Deuce

Thanks, I had to give up the excursion. I have had it since new. I purchased the M35A2 to replace it. My thought was no more payments !!! I have a goal to be debt free in two years. I currently work in FL but live in NC. I have so many Sky Miles ! I only have a few years left at my current job and hope my next will leave me at home most of the time.

I purchased this as a toy mostly, but also need a way to get building supplies home. I have been rebuilding a 30 year old house for about 2 years now.. Never Ending. Every new project turns into a nitemare.

I do also have a Mountaineer, The wifes truck. I like it also, but not so manly.

I think I read a post from you about the GOV getting auctioned equipment back from the purchaser. If that was you, can you let me know what is happening with this?

Thanks Again

FreightTrain

Banned
as for the tires,Cause in 1954 they didn't have radials and the previous trucks had duals of the same size and wheels.Parts interchangable.Plus,greater payload,stability,safety with duals verse singles(of those times).I like the duals on mine cause I have 5 spare tires Vrs 1 on the rack.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks