• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Deuce Owner in NY

lankyfireman526

Hello everybody, so my redneck friends decided we all needed diesel trucks, because that's what rednecks do! ;-) So after we all bought diesels from The Big 3, it was time to expand our range. My friend bought a M1008 6.2 as his first diesel, and it got my wheels turning about MVs. My upstairs neighbor bought a M35A2 and i knew i had to have one to top my friends. :razz: I never realized how addicting and useful owning my own M35A2 could be and i am so glad i spend all the extra hours at work to afford it.

But now come all the questions I have and those I know I will have! I have read a lot of threads so far and have learned more than i would have expected. I do have one question, what is this part in the pictures? I have asked some friends with no luck, so I am turning to the experts!

Thanks in advance for the help now and in the future, I'm looking forward to talking to everybody.

Oh another quick question, anybody know where i could get just 1 fuel injector line? I can only seem to find sets but I only need the number 5 line, it leaks non-stop. (Sorry to ramble on) Thanks again!!

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
You can see if TNJ Murray (google it) will sell just one line, but if ti were me, I'd do them all at once.

I'm going with clinto on this one, if one needs to be replaced, the others may or may not be soon to follow, so for reasons of laziness, I'd do them all. Check the threads and seals (if there are any, someone with more LDT experience chime in on me here) on the lines and injectors while your at it just to see if you can figure which caused the leak

LanceRobson

They're all wrong! The bracket is a Mark 6 Mod. 4 Whatzis, OD, U/I each, individual.

Really, I've never seen one before. It sure isn't an antenna base bracket because there are no bolt hole for the base and ring. emmado22 thinks it may be for a chem agent alarm and he served in units with different equipment that the units I served in so that may be so.

There are a flock of other MV owners relatively close to you including many of the members of the Hudson-Mohawk chapter of the NY-PENN Military Vehicle Collector's Club.

Home

Welcome to the crew.

Lance

rlwm211

Welcome to the hobby!!!!....errrr Addiction......

Take a look at our club webpage, and PM me and I will send you the current newsletter for NYPENN

RL

rlwm211

From the MVPA...western New York Group

Empire State West *

President: James O'Brien, #8377F
3559 Warner Dr., Grand Island, NY 14072, (716) 773-4536

Newsletter Editor: Pamela O'Brien, #8377F: newsletter@mtaofnj.org
3559 Warner Dr., Grand Island, NY 14072 - (716) 773-4536

Meetings: Fourth Thursday of each month, 8:00 p.m. at The Rosegarden, 2753 Wehrle Dr., Williamsville, NY.

RL