• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New deuce owner times 2

randyman

Hello, Been visiting the site for a while anonymously. Recently purchased (2) m35a2's via GL auction. With lots of luck and a little help from some other guys who had more experience, my brother, sister-in-law and myself got them both and an M105A1 trailer back home (about 160 miles) with little to no problems. Now I need some more help form you guys (the next best thing to knowing the answer is knowing where to find it). First, I need a little help with VIN numbers. Neither truck has the manufacturer or year of manufacture on the dash. One's number is 4G5903 and the frame has 0125 11947 which I think means it is a Kaiser Jeep made in 1966 or 1967 (not sure which). The other one is a little harder with M27098 on the dash and frame and 41155592 painted on the door. Also this started losing power on trip back. I'm thinking the fuel filters. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Randyman :D

poppop

Welcome aboard!!!! Can't help with numbers but yes, change the filters first. That will probably cure the power problem. OOH, and nobody can stop with just two. :D :D :D

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
ABANDON HOPE ALL YE WHO ENTER HERE

RESISTANCE IS FUTLE, YOU HAVE BEEN ASSEMILATED.

You have entered a time space continuem where green iron is the object......nooo...make that the obsession of all your fellow addicts.

Your nomal friends will forsake you and shake their heads, your neighbors will think you are crazy and start talking about zoning and "appearence".

Wild eyed guys with stories of black helicopters and implants in their heads will seek you out.

You will attend rallys and mingle with "the faithful" and feel right at home.

You will suffer "green iron envy" when another member drags in something cooler that you have.

You will not think ten tons of green painted metal and a patina of rust is an eyesore.

BUT.........................YOU WILL HAVE A BLAST HERE!!!!!!

Welcome to the looney bin.

tiger422

welcome I am also new and found the cross reference under resources at top of page very useful for part #s fuel filters first on list for me.
I also have found the people on this site to be very helpful and knowledgable.
where are the pics?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M27098 sure souns like as early 50s gasser chassis repowered. My 53 Stude is M30708