• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Deuce owner

larrystg2

GEDC0027.jpg

GEDC0028.jpg

GEDC0031.jpg

GEDC0026.jpgI just brought home my very first Deuce. It is a 1986 model with the continental LDT 465-1D D turbo. It starts instantly and runs good up to about 1700rpm. But it seems gutless on any hills. It does not make black smoke under any load. This is my first experience with these trucks. Is it normal to have to downshift to 3rd on steep hills? The motor was depot rebuilt in 1990 and shows 1600 hours now. I gave 3000 for it and the trailer. I know it is not supposed to be a hot rod but it needs more power.

scooter01922

Looks like a nice clean truck and a good deal. You may need to turn the fuel up a bit but a pyro is a good idea before you start messing with that stuff. New fuel filters would be the first course of action. Welcome to the site.

deess

i had the same problem, turned up the fuel alittle a changed my injectors out it had 2 out of 6 that was bad.dont have to down shift anymore depending on the hill.becareful turning up the fuel without a pyro guage.congrats nice truck!!!!!!!!!!!

DanMartin

First of all...welcome! That's a nice looking truck. I love the tan ones!

OK, on to your issue: Change your filters (fuel and air) and make sure the system has been properly bled out (see instructions in the service manuals). You can get the proper filters with the proper o-rings from OD Iron.

Also make sure the throttle linkage is adjusted correctly (throttle opens up all the way when the pedal is depressed) and that the fuel shut-off lever is in all the way (and that the lever is actually pushing the shut-off valve open when pushed in).

If it's still giving you issues after all of that has been checked, come back and we can give you a few more things to check. Injectors and fuel setting adjustments are like steps 9 and 10 here. Let's get steps 1-3 out of the way first.

These trucks are by no means hot-rods, but it should make power up to 2500rpm. If it's cutting out early, something is not right.