• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Deuce, things I had to do.........

martinwcox

Only had the Deuce for a few weeks but have been busy sorting out a few issues and general PM work.
1. Had the 11.00 X 20 XL's mounted on the rear axels
2. Had quite a few loose fasteners on the axels, torque back to spec.
3. Found missing clutch inspection cover, will be making one from a new gasket as the pattern.
4. Converted primary fuel filter to spin-on, rest already done, new filters for all.
5. Changed oil.
6. Remove 5-ton air cleaner assembly (not plumbed in), replaced with regular mushroom type on existing standard air cleaner. Replaced filter element.
7. Replaced windshields, wiper motors and ordered wiper upgrade kits.
8. Purchased a full set of seals and gaskets for all axels, have a leak to fix.
9. Replaced blown sealed beam.
10. Replaced battery, snow storm and freezing temperatures killed one.
11. Purchased a few contingency spares, air compressor, in-tank fuel pump and starter relay (existing is looking very sad.)
Nothing too expensive or difficult but an example of what needs to be done once you get that baby home.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hear you...the initial work to get a new-to-you truck up to snuff is a lot of small things that simply need to be done. After that, the upkeep is not so bad anymore. Just try not to break stuff! :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks