• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Deuce Tires & Wheels Question...

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hah., Wes... somehow those pictures look familiar to me... lol ;)

(Although the corresponding drawing should be this one...
FMTV wheel, 10-on-335mm center, MPT mod. 2.PNG

But the point is YES, FMTV wheels can be converted to any desired center lug-pattern, using a flat steel plate bolted to either the wheel's outer- or inner side, via the stock wheel studs (20) - which are long enough for that purpose.
Of course, the stock center "hump" section needs to be removed, first.

Here is a good thread about just this...

Attachments

Reactions: 98G

davidb56

I've finally gotten tired of scrounging for decent 9.00x20 NDT tires for my M185A3 and want to switch over to something that's more readily available. What's the easiest, most readily available current military wheel/tire setup to go with? I don't really care about keeping the dual tires on each rear axle, I just want something that would be a fairly easy swap. Any and all suggestions are appreciated!!!
BoyceEquipment has the 11/20 tires that will fit all the way around for a good price. They are real reasonable on shipping too. But anything wider than 10/20 will not allow rear 3 ring chains to clear, so you'd have to run a single chain on the outside of each wheel when in deep snow/ice.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks