• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New deuce

ridezzz

Hey everyone, picked up the deuce today and drove 2 hours home with it. Love it! Drives way better than I thought it would. The previous owner gave me a turbo but there isn't one on the truck. It runs fine with enough power on the hills and smoke is almost non existent. A few minor things to fix but its part of the fun. Even got a 5000 watt military generator with the truck. The temp gage doesn't work, looks like either a leaking axle seal or brake cylinder in the rear, paint needs help especially on the top and hood, the clutch seems to be slipping a little bit. Overall the truck seems solid and we cant wait to start doing some of these things. Thanks for the great advice here,this is a great site.i'll definitely need a lot of help. Can't believe you can get so much truck for so little.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Welcome to the Green Iron Laughing Academy. :cookoo:

You don't have to be crazy to hang out here but it makes the assimilation much easier.

Attendance at the 2014 GA Rally is mandatory. Come over to the dark side......we have cookies. :wreckerman893:

BBQROD

Glad to have you aboard. I am fairly new to the Deuce world myself but if it's one thing I have learned about the people on this site and in Georgia they will gladly help you in anyway they can. There is plenty of help and knowledge within driving distance from where you are.

FloridaAKM

Welcome aboard & enjoy your stay. Now that you are a new Duece owner, you have lots of fun things to do to it for both regular maintenace & the odds & ends that you will find that will make the entire ownership better. Now post some picts. I can't post from either my computer or android phone, so I should probably be quiet about the picts.....nnnaahhhhhh! Pictures!

Jeepsinker

Welcome aboard bud, I would advise you to verify what that leak is for sure and check all of your brake system before you get the truck out on the road again. It is just too dangerous to be around other people in these trucks with questionable brakes. Take the time and do it right. I've been going through my front axle yesterday and today replacing boots, spindle bushings, kingpin bushings, and packing bearings and found a leaking wheel cylinder. Remember that just because it isn't dripping fluid doesn't mean it isn't bad. That makes for two out of six of mine that I found leaking.

olly69

Welcome from New York!

Hey everyone, picked up the deuce today and drove 2 hours home with it. Love it! Drives way better than I thought it would. The previous owner gave me a turbo but there isn't one on the truck. It runs fine with enough power on the hills and smoke is almost non existent. A few minor things to fix but its part of the fun. Even got a 5000 watt military generator with the truck. The temp gage doesn't work, looks like either a leaking axle seal or brake cylinder in the rear, paint needs help especially on the top and hood, the clutch seems to be slipping a little bit. Overall the truck seems solid and we cant wait to start doing some of these things. Thanks for the great advice here,this is a great site.i'll definitely need a lot of help. Can't believe you can get so much truck for so little.
Just wanted to say Welcome, good to hear you made it home safely! This is a great site, the manuals will be a great help, along with all the experience the guys have working on these great machines.
I took my out for the first time up on the hill, off road Saturday, all by myself. Couldn't believe how many trees were in the way! My Deuce handled well (when I had it in the right gear... ) and didn't have any problems in the wet spots. Loved it! I guess I will have to trim some trees before I go up again.
Again, welcome....