• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Deuce

67Beast

Well after spending last winter restoring an 67' M715 I bought last year, I decided that I needed it's big brother. A few weeks ago I got a line on a 67' M35a2 that was not to far from home. Needs work but runs strong and had been converted to a dump bed and had a asking price of $1000. When I got down to look at it, The main parts of the truck were decent and it fired right up and ran strong. I asked him what was wrong with it for him to sell it cheap. Bad air compressor that wouldn't make enough pressure to run the brakes. So I bought it on the spot and made arrangement to pick it up a few days later. Once I got it home, it had a bad head gasket on the compressor that I swapped in 15 minutes and the horn was stuck open. A few quick repairs and it shot right up to 120 lbs of pressure. The brake were still mushie and that was due to being low on fluid. A quick bleed with new dot 5 and she stops on a dime! I have also started to track down parts to fix it up, including a cargo bed with troop seats in good shape, and installed new windshieds, mirrors, and seat covers. I also have cut a quick set of decals for the truck to give it back a military look. Well it should make for another long winter in the garage restoring another Army truck. The wife will be so pleased. :roll:

My M715

The duece as I found it

Getting it home with a buddies Duece and drag

Cleaned up a bit and decals added

More to come as the project moves along.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That looks great! Congrat!

One question, what's up w/the relocated air tanks?

Pappa-G

Your 715 is soo sweet, and congrats on your Duce!! I was up to the dunes last weekend and saw a M725? ( ambulance ) running around, Ive seen it up there before. Very nice.
Just wondering, does your duce have a rear pto drive? I see your air tanks are moved and the back looks " different " .
Have fun in the sand ~ Pappa-G

67Beast

The air tanks had been moved outboard becuse the truck has been converted to a dump bed. The pto driven hydralic pump box is located between the frame rails where the tanks should be.

Pappa-G if you are ever back at Silver Lake, stop by my shop, I own David Allen Racing right next to the ORV park entrance. On the weekends my 715 or the duece is usually park out front. Last weekend they were both parked downtown at the truck show for the Apple Festival.

Wyattearp

67Beast is there any chance you might be able to take some detailed pics of how that dump bed was converted, thats what im wanting to do on mine.

67Beast

I'll try to grab some detail pics this afternoon. It was converted with a Venco VC520 dump lift. The end of the frame was then bobbed to allow for the tilt. It looks like they cut the pivot point off the donar dump truck and welded it across the frame and to the bed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks