• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New double Deuce owner

maxpshop

Hi fellow duece owners out there. I really enjoy reading all the post and all the comrodery out there. :D This site is a plethora of information and I have learned a lot over the past few months. I also appreciate the access to all the TM manuals.
I have recently purchased two M35A2’S from GL and will be picking them up this week. As soon as I get them home I would like to start the SF97 process.
Before I bid on the trucks I went to the site and looked them over. They were in pretty good shape, but both trucks were missing the DATA plates. The only information a walked away with was the reg. numbers that were on the inner door jams.
My question is, is there any way to gather any more information/history from just the reg. numbers?
Reg numbers:
Truck-1 soft top 04L15970
Truck-2 hard top 04L97770
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

maxpshop

Thanks for the welcome you guys

I’m heading out in the morning to pick up the two green machines. I Hope things go well. I’m somewhat nerves about reading others talking about the multi running away on me. :shock: One of the trucks starts and runs very well. The other has been setting and batts are down.
Wish me luck.

maxpshop

Well, got them home. It was hard work but worth it. Had to bleed the brakes on both trucks. Had a big problem with one of the arms that holds the rear axles in place. The rubber bushing was rotten. The arm dropped and the axle moved back. got it put back in place an secured and drove it home. will get pics latter.