• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New electrical gremlin....dimmer controls gas guage!

linx310

It figures...before my 600 mile trip this Friday with my M1009 some thing like this comes up.

Turned head lights on otw home because it was getting dark.

Noticed the dash cluster lights were off and the right turn signal indicator was lit up (not the blinker itself but the green arrow that shows which direction). I also noticed my gas gauge was showing 1/4 a tank when a few minutes ago it was at full.

My head lights and blinkers were working fine.

When I adjusted the dimmer switch that controls the gauge cluster brightness I noticed it dimmed the right blinker light which is stuck on and it would move the gas gauge up and down. With the dimmer switch turned all the way to the right the gas gauge would show full, all the way turned to the left it would show empty.

The only thing I have messed with electrical recently is i changed out the passenger side alternator ground, but I don't think that would have any thing to do with it?

When I rebuilt my truck I cleaned the gauge cluster board and replaced all bulbs.

Last edited:

linx310

Fixed it. The plug that goes into the gauge cluster was not in all the way. I removed the speedo cable to lube it the other day and probably pulled it by accident.