• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New From Daytona Beach / Deposit NY

Jimjet

Hello to all and Merry Christmas , Happy Holidays , and a safe and healthy New Year.
I recently purchased my First MV , an M37 in Air Force Colors in museum quality correct restoration .
Id like to think it has been featured on this site before.
Although it is immaculate and totally correct I plan to use it on the farm , as has been my wish since the neighbor farmer has had 2 M37 since I was
I truly believe the truck wants to dig in and not be a parade queen.
With all that said and even though it runs like a clock I plan on changing the carburetor to a Weber K 550-M 32/36 Progressive

An electronic ignition , which I've had excellent luck with in other older restorations.
I also intend to go with tubeless wheels and good mudder tires.
My reasons for changing , I cannot be on the farm at all times to maintain the equipment and my son is not the best motorhead when it comes to
equipment.My tractors tend to corrode points if not used daily , and non ethanol fuel is distant so not always used .
Sorry for war and peace blah blah but I seriously welcome your opinions
Jim

Attachments

dougco1

Hello to all and Merry Christmas , Happy Holidays , and a safe and healthy New Year.
I recently purchased my First MV , an M37 in Air Force Colors in museum quality correct restoration .
Id like to think it has been featured on this site before.
Although it is immaculate and totally correct I plan to use it on the farm , as has been my wish since the neighbor farmer has had 2 M37 since I was
I truly believe the truck wants to dig in and not be a parade queen.
With all that said and even though it runs like a clock I plan on changing the carburetor to a Weber K 550-M 32/36 Progressive

An electronic ignition , which I've had excellent luck with in other older restorations.
I also intend to go with tubeless wheels and good mudder tires.
My reasons for changing , I cannot be on the farm at all times to maintain the equipment and my son is not the best motorhead when it comes to
equipment.My tractors tend to corrode points if not used daily , and non ethanol fuel is distant so not always used .
Sorry for war and peace blah blah but I seriously welcome your opinions
Jim
I hope your farm is a "Gentleman's Farm". With that truck's age and history it should be treated with kindness and respect like a retired soldier should be. "Nice Ride"

Jimjet

I hope your farm is a "Gentleman's Farm". With that truck's age and history it should be treated with kindness and respect like a retired soldier should be. "Nice Ride"
Cooperstown , been a while
I grew up with the Ellis Brothers , they owned a dairy farm in Cooperstown , I spent many a summer shoveling on that farm.
Ozzie Ellis life ended early with a dozer accident.
his fun ride was an orange challenger he flew around Cooperstown in.
Gene had a window and door business outskirts of town.

Jimjet

And yes gentleman's farm truck , my way of getting around the farm gently with grand kids in back.
This truck hasn't had a spec of dirt on it in 25 years , but I don't want a museum piece

dougco1

Cooperstown , been a while
I grew up with the Ellis Brothers , they owned a dairy farm in Cooperstown , I spent many a summer shoveling on that farm.
Ozzie Ellis life ended early with a dozer accident.
his fun ride was an orange challenger he flew around Cooperstown in.
Gene had a window and door business outskirts of town.
You call him Ozzie, I called him Buzz. Worked with him and his dad Howard on occasion when I was contracting back in the 80s. Sad thing, dozer flipping on him. Bought doors from Gene @ A&Js. He sold the business long ago and it looks like it finally closed doors. My fun ride was a Green 68 Olds 442. My bud Nelson had a custom 72 vette

Jimjet

y
You call him Ozzie, I called him Buzz. Worked with him and his dad Howard on occasion when I was contracting back in the 80s. Sad thing, dozer flipping on him. Bought doors from Gene @ A&Js. He sold the business long ago and it looks like it finally closed doors. My fun ride was a Green 68 Olds 442. My bud Nelson had a custom 72 vette
your right it was Buzzy,
and uncle Howie
Yes Gene long sold the business ,
its been 45 years , I talk to tom ellis every week Genes middle brother.
we all grew up together.
Small World
Happy new year and many more.
Jim

Monkeyboyarmy

Wow. What a beautiful truck. If I owned that I would hate to even drive it in the dirt. I would prefer a restored truck like that to be as original as possible but I'm sure any of your modifications could be converted back. It's your truck to enjoy and you have a nice one.

Jimjet

Just out of curiosity, what are you farming in that sandbed down there?
lol nothing
I have a small farm / Deer camp in Deposit NY around 300 Acres.
We mostly grow corn , sunflower, turnips , winter grass for the deer but also gardens for vegetables.
Ive been in Daytona for work and health insurance since 2015 . Eventually ill be back upstate NY
with My M37 and snow chains.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks