• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from Maryland

droz

Hello,

My name is Chris and im from baltimore MD. I just found the site while doing research on trying to purchase a M1008. Ive been in the market for a month or so and I'm not in a real rush to jump in head first. looking to do my research before I purchase.

any thoughts or comments from ppl who have purchased a truck would be great

thanks in advance

Chris

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chris, don't wait too long because they are releasing all of the CUCVs from the system. I have no idea what "too long" means, but I suggest trying to buy this year.

droz

thanks for the heads up. I am definately trying to get one this year. I got a buddy who works over at AAI corp in cockeysville and he said from what he heard they landed a contract to decomission and possibly sell off the CUCV's but its like a 2-3 year deal as they all have to be stripped of their comm equip and etc before they can be listed for sale. I actually found a few sites selling them, i just wanna get some research in since its all new to me from the aspect of owning a diesel truck then also getting all the paper work etc handled.

fasttruck

The greatest kept sdecret in the us military is its publication system. M1008s are similar to their civilian counterparts but not completely identical especially if the vehicle had a military radio in it. Get the pubs ! Same available on resource section of this site or in paper at military flea markets. Read the reading as my past commanders used to say !