• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new gauges

jdeoliveira74

they are sunpro gauges 2" took about 2 hrs to do today with minimal planning. Believe it or not they fit pretty snug in the factory holes. So i ran one wrap around the gauge with electric tape and they are real tight. seams to work great looks good at night will up load some more pics with lights on. Thanks i was trying to make some room for ac. Moved the volt meter for duct work

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What did you do for indicator lights for the alts?

jdeoliveira74

biker it would cost you more in diesel then i have in the dash to get to me..... i bought two of the gauges from ebay for 7.50 each and the volt meter from autozone today 17$

jdeoliveira74

been trying to figure out how to do this and retain the use of the lights so the alternators can charge
not sure the lights effect the charging system... the gen lights were to let you know when they werent working... somebody correct me if i am wrong. That to me was why i wanted to go to all gauges the oh sh*& lights come on when its too late

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In stock configuration, the indicator lights must work, or the alternators will not charge.

That is why I asked in post # 7. When you said your truck has been converted to 12v, I figured you might have a 1 wire alt or knew the light needs to be in the system to work.

Last edited:

jdeoliveira74

doghead good to know i was assuming since it was converted it didnt matter... the get two didnt even have a bulb in it and the alt on the passenger side is a non stock unit and the orange wire is disconnected from it.

the volt meter does move when running drops to around 11 when glow plugs start and jumps to almost 14 when running

thanks for the heads up i will double check to make sure my system is charging correctly

jdeoliveira74

dog head all good here my system was converted to a one wire system and its charging at 14.20 volts under heavy load
thanks for the heads up that would have sucked

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good news indeed!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks