• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New GL Buy from Norman, Okla

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Nice grab. Winch, hardtop, turbo, good mirrors, etc.

Is it an air shift?

dabtl

M1075 said:
What's up with the headlights? Has this truck been canibalized?
Some fender damage on the driver side front and the headlight on the passenger side is missing.

I will know more when I inspect it in a week or so.

Looks to be a really good buy. Airshift front axle.

Attachments

HeadWizard

With so many trucks going at 1 time in 1 place, it looks like prices were right. I got another M35 (why) for $940 in Richmond. At least I hope that's what it is... the listing said M813 2.5 ton and the pics were of deuce. I suppose I can negotiate? :D

dabtl

I went to Norman today.

Great people. Took me out to the truck in a Gator. Nice, really nice, MSgt. with 36 years time did the tour. Said they had 93 trucks in the auction, Memphis bought 19.

Truck started on just a smidgen of starter. Missing headlight with a dent in the driver's side front fender the only problems.

I will come back in a few weeks and drive it home. :D

dabtl

I figured this one to be an orphan with the headlight and fender problems.

I noticed in bidding that one buyer was consistently over bidding me. Turns out to be Memphis.

So, I put in a bid on the one with the obvious damage. Bingo!

Got lucky, I guess. :)

M1075

Congrats on the truck. Do you expect your EUC soon? Why is Guard personnel handling GL auction items? What is the bidder number for Memphis?

dabtl

M1075 said:
Congrats on the truck. Do you expect your EUC soon? Why is Guard personnel handling GL auction items? What is the bidder number for Memphis?
I expect it soon. I did not copy the bidder number for Memphis.

The storage lot is on a Guard base.

jasonjc

Norman is the main repair place for the OKNG. They are great poeple to deal with. GL works it from the OKC air base. They just don't move all the stuff Tinker if they don't have too. Jefferson MO is the same way. For pick ups you deal with the NG.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Good score on the winch truck!

My EUC for the truck I won in that sale came back yesterday......9 business days.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks