• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy, 63T Bradley School Trained Mechanic

jkupka

Well here is a copy and paste from my resume, its easier for me to introduce myself...lol $ years Army then 15 overseas on war stock all over and 5 years inspecting soviet equipment for a US arms dealer (US Govt Contractor).

Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic, Light Vehicle MechanicTrack Vehicle Mechanic and Heavy Equipment Mechanic. Provide technicalexpertise to a US defense contractor in order to inspect and purchase foreignmilitary equipment in order to complete acquisitions on behalf of the USDepartment of Defense. M2 FOV hull andturret to include tow verification and 25mm gun services, M1A1 hull, M113 FOV,M88A1, Paladin/FAASV, M1070/M1000 Heavy EquipmentTransport System and alltactical wheeled vehicles up to 10 ton. Provided technicaland logistics support for specially designed and fabricated armor for vehiclesto be used by the Implementation Force in Bosnia-Herzegovina. Duties includedunit and direct support maintenance on Heavy Variant HUMMVS. Performed warrantyinspections and repairs to all vehicles being processed for delivery to theBosnian Theater. Installed and fabricated armor kits for M939 Series trucks. Performedorganizational maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs on M2A2 and M3A2 and20 level “A” services on Bradley hulls and power packs. Repairs included highlycomplex electrical, hydraulic, mechanical and diesel engine adjustments and useof special tools and equipment. Executed inspections/ repairs to 10-20standards during “Intrinsic Action Exercise” issues and turn-ins and as amember of the “Bradley Contract Team”. Performed Unit level maintenance andtroubleshooting on all automotive systems and Components of the BFV, M88, M113FOV and M35 series trucks. Held senior mechanic position for 1 and ½ years inan Infantry Maintenance Company. Served in Saudi Arabia and Iraq during‘’Desert Storm’’.

Attachments

dmetalmiki

Well firstly, welcome to the site. You have not acquired a military vehicle yet I note. You must be well stuck for choice after all the experiences you have had.
No matter how hard and long YOU play (with any new toy) It is never going to match the "fun"? you already had to date.
I would be eternally in debt to you IF you could find (locate) and procure one of those 8x8
[h=2]SHKH VZ.77 DANA[/h]

wheeled vehicles. Any chance? and any help would be great as you obviously have the expertise and . Contacts?

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HOLY SMOKES!! Welcome aboard..............I can put air in a tire....................LMBO!! LOTS of good people here, good info too! Glad ya joined the group, you'll probably be swamped with questions! LOL

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are some impressive photos!! IF you know how to work on all that is in the photos, YOU are a pretty impressive Mech! There are individuals on board that have some serious collections of foreign MV.............they might be in touch, if they see this thread!
I have wondered about Eastern MV, Kraz, Zil, etc etc.......................they seem to be VERY capable machines but for harsh treatment and environments.................curious about your perspective

jkupka

Hey Tony, I can some up Soviet stuff easily, crude....lol. I've seen completely refurbished equipment leak during inspection before we brought it back to the states. I spent 3 years in Ukraine and 5 in Russia on the Cooperative Threat Reduction program as well. Most of the stuff gets ruined as they love to use water instead of coolant...of course they drain it all in the winter but if they forget....well. Seen that happen.

dmetalmiki

Those are some impressive photos!! IF you know how to work on all that is in the photos, YOU are a pretty impressive Mech! There are individuals on board that have some serious collections of foreign MV.............they might be in touch, if they see this thread!
I have wondered about Eastern MV, Kraz, Zil, etc etc.......................they seem to be VERY capable machines but for harsh treatment and environments.................curious about your perspective
extreme?..environments?... (deuce wun't go 6" in this stuff),
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVXn6gWY6vM

ruSSrt

That is awesome to see some of those pictures.
Just out of curiosity..... is it possible to get some of that metal over here and still be able to play with it? I'm not talking about tanks and launchers......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks