• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy check in from Chicago -

Chicago5ton

We’ll I finally bought a 5 ton lol, even drove it to work this morning. Plan on doing a good PM on it and then some upgrades. Any suggestions on fluids or any other pointers as far as mods or services? Also anyone from the group near chicago or does anyone know any decent shops near Chicago to work on these things? looking forward to being apart of this group and money pit lol.

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
We’ll I finally bought a 5 ton lol, even drove it to work this morning. Plan on doing a good PM on it and then some upgrades. Any suggestions on fluids or any other pointers as far as mods or services? Also anyone from the group near chicago or does anyone know any decent shops near Chicago to work on these things? looking forward to being apart of this group and money pit lol.
Welcome to the Outfit!

So you already have a new-to-you truck... Congratulations!
Now it is time to "hit the books". The Technical Manuals (TM's) will help you a lot.

We also have a parts spreadsheet posted here that will help you find regular parts house numbers.

Again, happy to have you here - and Welcome from North Carolina.

Spoonerist

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from BFE, WA! I love your head on photo. My friends asked me to post a picture of my deuce next to a banana for scale… ;p

Cheers,

Spoon

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chicago, the first thing that comes to mind is Fuel Filters, then engine oil and filters. Also check the oil in your transmission, transfer case and axles. Get familiar with the TMs for your truck here at the site and you'll do fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks