New guy from Arizona

fasttruck

Remember these 500 gallon water tanks are typically not baffled so we
hen the load starts to surge side to side as when turning a corner at speed ypu are at risk of rolling the truck mover. This is a common problem with fire departments that make a deuce into a brush truck and then overload it with 1000+ gallons of water and ride through the woods with it sloshing around.

Adam Brice

hen the load starts to surge side to side as when turning a corner at speed ypu are at risk of rolling the truck mover. This is a common problem with fire departments that make a deuce into a brush truck and then overload it with 1000+ gallons of water and ride through the woods with it sloshing around.
Correct, that's why I'm only driving with them completely empty or completely full. We've been hauling water for 25 years now. Definitely ssloshes when you're not totally full.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What ever the sise tank fill it completely up since it has no baffles or you could mess up quick offroad !

Mullaney

Supporting Vendor
Correct, that's why I'm only driving with them completely empty or completely full. We've been hauling water for 25 years now. Definitely ssloshes when you're not totally full.
I have no real world experience with 500 gallon water or fuel tanks.
Full or Empty is the way to go I am sure - to control sloshing.
(We all know that isn't always possible though)
Might be worth a search. The rough details are below.

Baffle Balls
  • Ball displaces 5oz and weighs only 0.25 pounds
  • 7.5" is one baffle ball per 2 gallons of total tank capacity
Baffle Balls.jpg

A little more about baffles or the lack of is here along with how to properly secure a load:

Adam Brice

I have no real world experience with 500 gallon water or fuel tanks.
Full or Empty is the way to go I am sure - to control sloshing.
(We all know that isn't always possible though)
Might be worth a search. The rough details are below.

Baffle Balls
  • Ball displaces 5oz and weighs only 0.25 pounds
  • 7.5" is one baffle ball per 2 gallons of total tank capacity
View attachment 847596

A little more about baffles or the lack of is here along with how to properly secure a load:

Interesting.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks