• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy from Galveston Texas, M1009 project in progress

richingalveston

I have been in the forum for a month or two, like the info. I am working on a M1009 i picked up from GL a couple of months ago. I have a Rotted M1009 that i have had for 4 or 5 years to get around the deer lease. it was already 12v converted. The IP pump finally failed and with all the rot i decided to find a new one.
GL messed it up pretty bad underneath and also in the side. really pissed when I picked it up in Barstow. parts bent. steering arm, trans mount, transfer case mount, bent front drive shaft. damaged drivers side mostly, some damage on pass. side.

of course none of this was in the auction pictures.
i have now been on the forum enough to know its common place.

I took the trans transfer case and drive shaft out of the doner and now have the new one running and driving also took the donor vehicle tires. two year old 33 inch mud kings never been on pavement.

working on breaking it down and repainting the body now, i will post progress pictures as i do this.

I am going with Forest green, for now want to keep the military look but want it darker. also if i decide to go camo, it is the correct base color.

look forward to seeing everyone elses toys and really appreciate all the info i have already extracted from this site.

Thank you,

wehring

Freeport

I am near you in Richwood, TX. If you need any help drop me a line. I don't work with the blazers or pickups but I an willing...

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112