• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy from Southwest Houston

steelflex

Hello everyone! I'm an 18 year old college student from southwest Houston. I don't own any military vehicles yet, but I will one day!
My interest started when I was passing through the town of Rosenberg Texas and I saw a big M1070 someone had. It looked so amazing and tough! The thing dwarfed the cars parked next to it and I knew I wanted to learn more. Before I did any research, I went to a car show and someone had brought two M1009's to show and I couldn't help but add them to the list of things to research. They just looked too neat and I had to know more about them. Time passed and I never really got around to looking them up because I never really knew what they were. I just assumed they must have been ex-military due to the camo and how heavy duty they looked. Recently, I was goofing around on Craigslist and I saw M35's and 923's for sale (some of which are owned by people on this site) and I finally got off my butt and did a little research. Finally I found this place and here I am. Ready to learn about these powerful machines and the guys who own them. I won't own any MV's until I have a job and a place to keep them, but at least when I do get one I'll know it inside and out.
I doubt I will be very useful for the time being but I will be lurking around learning things and occasionally asking questions until I get this stuff figured out.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you want to get your feet wet with MV's in Houston, volunteer at the National United States Armed Forces Museum on Wallisville Road in Houston. They have 2 museum HETs that are in need of tire-armorall-ing.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from 10* latitude! This site is the best suppository (pun intended) for mil vehicle info. It will require learning to perform searches at two or three levels higher than normal to extract info from the thread history. But lurking and reading up on all current threads is the best way to get up to speed and will enable you to ask better questions!

Cheers and welcome to the addiction!

Rick

Tornadogt

Welcome, keep your eyes open and you are always welcome at any meeting or gathering to look/ crawl around maybe go for a test drive in some of these rigs...

m109a2

Welcome from Lake Charles La. Stay on this site and it will happen.I went from wanting one to owning a1971 AM general a2 w/w, with bows and canvas,tow bars,slave cables,generator,m109 box on a m35 frame made into a rv.This all happened in one day.Cool uh.Al

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks