• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from Wisconsin

Jhaas63

Hey everyone, thanks for having me. My military vehicle is sort of a rare bird and I am in the process of turning it back to its roots with a hot rod theme. It is a 1963 Ford F100 pickup truck. At some point in its life, it was painted a municipal yellow color and the hood and doors were swapped with ones with better metal. Underneath that yellow paint is olive drab green. The dash was never touched and it still has T-P 32 and in the middle of the dash is barely recognizable military issued sticker from 1962 about being a good driver/vehicle operator.

When I bought the truck it had no steering, drivetrain, etc. With some great help, it now runs, drives and stops. I plan to paint the truck back to olive drab and that is why I am here...to research and learn from you fine folks.

I believe the original color was 24087 from Gillespie. I’m hoping to roll the paint on with a foam roller for a number of reasons. Thank you!

Attachments

suzukovich

Cool, look forward to seeing it finished. Everyone restores the tactical vehicles. But forget the variety of civilian vehicles used. They can be just as interesting.

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk

dmetalmiki

A nice (And) Very original truck. Seems it has found a 'good home'.
Welcome to the site and the hobby.
Post up pictures of the restoration project as you go.
I do rather like your shop, And particularly the signs.

fasttruck

Grease is cheap. Parts cost money. Be guided accordingly. All branches bought these trucks the only difference being color: OD for the Army, GDSC_0037.JPGray for the Navy, Blue for the Air Force and a different shade of green for the Marines. Example shown was built for the Navy in 1965.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks