• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy here from N. Central FL.

silverstar

Hello everybody my name is Dave and I live in Ocala, FL. I have always been into MV's and anything military really. I collect military firearms and equipment and hopefully in the near future (probably about a year away) will be buying my first MV. I really have a sweet spot for the M35's and have always been fascinated by the big dueces. My dad was in the army for 12 years and in Vietnam and I always remember seeing the big dueces on the base and hearing them whistle and loved it. So for my first MV I really want a duece with the whistler turbo bad. I would also like to find one with the big PTO winch and I like the ones with duallies in the rear. I'm not real concerned about the looks of it (meaning it doesn't have to be a show queen or anything) because i'm going to offroad it anyway and that's something that can always be fixed up later. I have read on here about the govt. auctions and how you can get these trucks for pretty cheap. I've heard of some people that said they are picking them up for around $2,000 or so. Is that true? Can you really find one that cheap? I found a site that seemed to have really nice dueces and seemed like a really nice place in Philly and they were selling them from around $6,000 and up. Like I said though they were really nice ones and they had brand new batteries and other stuff in them. Next summer my wife and I will be moving to PA and i'll be about an hour from Fort Indiantown gap and i've heard of alot of people getting their dueces from there? I want to wait until we move because I really don't want to try and get a duece from FL to PA. I know it could be done because with a little care these things are REALLY reliable but I just don't want to amke that trip. I also see they have meets at Rausch creek in PA too, that would be a blast. Anyways I just wanted to say hi to everybody and introduce myself along with ask my few questions (i''m sure many more will follow). I have already looked around a little on the DRMS site and all I can say is it's extremely confusing to say the least! Are there any othe rplaces to check out for cheap MV's? Thank you for any help or tips.

MCHoward

one new guy to another. I'm half a step ahead of you. I just won a deuce at auction yesterday, and now I'm jumping throught the paperwork to bring it home.

phil2968

You'll be gald you joined this site. I wish I had before I bid on my first truck. Sorry your leaving such a great state, you know, cool breezes, no bugs, no traffic. Wait, that's just a dream I had. Really though, watch Government Liquidators for upcoming autions and PREVIEW your lots before bidding. Really now, are you sure you want to leave Florida? We all have it so great here!:roll:

JB

Silver welcome aboard. There is a fellow that has MV's about 1.5 miles west of I-10 on 27. Look at the SW corner of Stancil's Corner & 27. He may have one or none. I think he is more into M37's and jeeps. But he had 5 tons in his pasture you used to see them from 27. Also, the First Florida MVPA has an annual show/swap meet in February (I think) in Belleview just down the road from you.

Welcome to the First Florida Chapter Military Vehicle Preservation Association

DUECE-COUPE

stansil thinks his trucks are gold plated. pm me and i will set up a time to check out my truck and help you plan out your truck. i just got one delivered and will be bobing it and putting a 105 bed on it. you can check out the progress first hand, since you are only 30 miles away.

silverstar

HAHA Yeah I was just at Vinnys house tonight. Found out he's about a 100yds from me! I can see why he thinks dueces are too small after seeing his 5 tons! They are super sweet and super huge. I got to help take one of those gigantic 53" michelins off tonight. Thanks for all the warm welcomes everybody. Oh and I got to meet Rich tonight too (can't remember his forum name but he's a firefighter from S. FL.). Him and Vinny are really cool, nice guys and like pretty much everybody i've seen on here so far are very friendly and VERY willing to help people out. Yeah i'm sure I want to leave FL too. LOL! I've been here 14 years and have seen it turn from a nice small quiet city into another orlando. I've watched the housing prices quadruple along with the taxes along with the traffic on the road. I've watched crime go from a little weed here and there and maybe a car broken into to meth, crack and cocaine and armed home invasions and murders are the flavor of the day now. It's gotten to be too much for me. I'm a country boy and like small towns with friendly people. I also really miss having seasons too and I can imagine a duece would be a BLAST to wheel in the snow in. I could laugh at 4ft drifts! HAHA Well, thanks again for all the friendly warm welcomes everybody and I really hope to be posting about my new MV in the next year or so!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks