• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy in Georgetown, TX (near Austin)

rmiller4292

Hello all, I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been a lurker here for a while after being referred by M813rc (Thanks Rory....I hold you responsible!!) We work together at the same establishment... I am a former Army Bradley crewmember, and new to the green iron addiction. I had my MV epiphany while camping on the beach at Padre Island National Seashore. I had my Z-71 about 55 miles down the beach, and thought...this would be much more fun in a military truck! So it begins...not quite ready to buy yet, but doing my dilligent research...so thanks for the info....the reading continues... If anybody in Central Texas need a wrench hand, I'd be happy to come lend a hand and learn a little bit in the process... I'm a helicopter pilot by trade...not much of a mechanic yet!!

Ryan

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard. You are located in the Texas MV mecca, with Ft Hood right up the road. Plenty of trucks all over in every nook and cranny in the hill country.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard! I spent some time in your area. 1st Cav. at Ft. Hood Tons of info and great people here on S.S. Enjoy!
God bless,
Tony:-D

rmiller4292

Thanks for the warm welcome guys....I was at Hood when my Army obligation ended, and decided to stay in the area. I am originally from Southern California...and found that the Lone Star State better suited me...so I stayed. I have fond memories of acres and acres of trucks at FT. Hood....now if they ever have a good sale there, it'll be like a reunion....Would love to get my hands on a newer 5 ton a la M939, I'd be set...but I'm afraid that a little outside my budget!!

Ryan

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello all, I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been a lurker here for a while after being referred by M813rc (Thanks Rory....I hold you responsible!!) We work together at the same establishment...
Ryan

Hee hee, another one subverted to the green side!! :twisted:

Cheers

TexRdnec

i'm just as new as you, but howdy!

drank several cold beers in georgetown visiting my very good friend SFC. Gibson.

bastard is based out of mississippi now though :cry:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard.

Texas seems to be an up and coming state for new members. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks