• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy in South Carolina

littlehandegan

Wanted to say hey!

Looking for my first rig to due some modifications. I'm looking at a local one 1973 Tan etc. Unfortunately it is soft top. Is it possible to convert to hardtop?

Thanks and I'm glad I found this site.!

Jack

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
welcome to steel soldiers!
Switching tops is a straightforward deal.
getting the top shipped would be the hardest part in my opinion.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Also you being close, any input on where to find a deuce or any meetings of clubs near?
Deuces are for sale on ebay and here on the site, as well as from Govt. Liquidation.

So far as clubs, you're a member of one now! :razz:

In all seriousness, there is a SC chapter of the MVPA.

And the end all-be all of events (it's my get together so I am afforded a little hyperbole) is the SS Ga. Rally. Check the link in my signature line for info.

Last edited:

Blythewoodjoe

I don't know about Charleston, but there are a bunch of us in Columbia that have trucks. But you don't what no stincking deuce, when you can buy my 5 ton :twisted:

If you come up our way anytime soon, I'm in Blythewood just north of Columbia, you can smoke some over. You might even consider a bob deuce. You should drive a few and get the know them before you buy.

And Clinto may have a hard top, tan, for sale very close to my house :roll:

Joe

Blythewoodjoe

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
BTW pics don't do Joe's 5ton justice. That thing is awesome. Joe I think you should take some pics of it next to your work truck or maybe that jeep.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Little,
You need to contact Steve Riggs in the Charleston area (he sell insurance to pay for his habit). He has directions to our Columbia hideaway! (PS, It's at the historic Curtiss-Wright hanger at Owens Field airport, about a mile from 'sevo' s house) There is usually someone there on Thursday evenings.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whooo hooo! another SC member! we might have to sport a Rally ourselves someday... :wink:

Welcome to the site! You ever need a hand, there are several of us in SC that would help you out.:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks