• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new guy M47 no spark???

Pipefighter

Im new to the site and first wanted to say hellow to everyone. I just bought a 52 gasser [w/continental I believe] that Im trying to get running. The dist looks like a magneto type W/wires threaded onto sparkplugs and is getting power but not putting out spark.

Thanks in advance for any help you can lend.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
CHeck yer coil. I had a 52 M275 tractor and replaced points, condenser and all that suff to no avail. Coil was the problem.

Pipefighter

recovery- the dist and coil are one piece, some kind of mechanical or magneto type. It has one hot wire feeding it.I dont know what it is yet and didnt want to take it apart till I learn more about it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Once you take the cap off (it unbolts) you can see the actual coil slid in there. It sits right beside everything else. It also has an oring under it. Mine was frozen stiff in there. My saving grace was GM heatvalve lubricant spray. It was the only thing that got it freed up.

Pipefighter

Thanks maccus Ill get some manuals for it, alot of good info.

recovery-Whats the everything else the ciol sits next to?
points- cond ? Anything that should be serviced?

Ive got a hot lead running from the ign to the coil. It has a waterproff conection on the side of the dist.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, thats where the rotor, points and condenser sit. Don't fear thaking the top off, its gets you a much better understanding of what you have.

Pipefighter

Thanks recovery, I dont know what I was thinking.1952 has to have points.
Ill pull it apart, check points and test the coil.Ill post what it was soon as I find out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks