• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New here, with M880 questions

jeffinnorthtexas

I am looking at a couple oif M880 trucks, may purchase one of them. Here are a couple of really basic questions I hope someone here can answer.
1. Did all M880's have an automatic transmission, or, were some built with a 4 spd. standard?
2. Were any M880's delivered new, with a PTO winch?
3. If so, what model winch was used?
Thanks,
Jeff

Elwenil

All M880 series trucks should be an A-727 automatic with a NP203 fulltime 4WD transfer case. I have seen a few Dodge trucks that were used by the military that were 4 speeds, but they were just civilian vehicles owned by the military and not a specific M series model.

I know I have seen an M880 with a factory looking winch, but it was owned by an individual and I couldn't get in touch with the owner to discuss it. I honestly don't think there was one. I'll try and look in the manual for info.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am pretty sure none of the M880 / M890 series trucks came with winches.
I am sure that there were Military (non M-series) Dodge trucks with a pto winch
I have seen pictures of a 78 W400 with one, Also a 72 W200 ambulance owned by odjeeper (aka Brian) has a winch.
http://steelsoldiers.com/modules/PNphpBB2/files/w200amb1_130.jpg

hmmm, Brian will we see that 72 at the Color tour?

papercu

trucks

According to the -10 there are no M880 Series with a winch and all had the automatic transmission and the 318 engine.
Not all were 4x4. Four models are 2x4 the M890, M891, M892 and the M893.
I have one that was a Navy truck (but not a M880) that has a 4 speed. Wayne

jeffinnorthtexas

Thanks for all the info. One of the two that I was looking at, has a PTO winch. So, possibly it was added by the fire dept. that previously owned the truck.
Jeff