• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New horn LOUD

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed a new air horn in my 109. The original electrical horn sounded crappy, so it had to replace it.

Found two of these horns laying around in my old school bus ( I am most definitly a 'I'll use it one day' type collector. :wink:)

Sounds great, I had to run an air line off the govenor, and used a commercial 24vdc solinoid.

I like it! :twisted:

Attachments

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tried to take video, the horn is so loud it distorts the mic!

I'll walk 100yrds away and try again at a later date. Leaving for Haspin in a couple of hours.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wanted to have a little extra toot for the long drive? See you tomorrow....

O, figure it's already packed, but I'm supposed to grab a tank from you for Lane.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the same kind, maybe a little longer. I removed the original air horn set and plumbed the used one right in, mounted it with angle irons and screws. It works well to inform others of the errors of their ways. much manlier than the beeping horn the vehicle came with. The only problem is it is chrome, and paint won't stick. At least it is inside the hood where it can't be seen.

Capt.Marion

Nice. I like horns. Especially big loud ones.

You need to get another one so you get the chord effect... sounds much prettier, if that word can be applied to OD Iron and/or ferrous equines.

frodobaggins

I have the same kind, maybe a little longer. I removed the original air horn set and plumbed the used one right in, mounted it with angle irons and screws. It works well to inform others of the errors of their ways. much manlier than the beeping horn the vehicle came with. The only problem is it is chrome, and paint won't stick. At least it is inside the hood where it can't be seen.
I don't know what kind of air horn your deuce came with but mine is loud and very manly :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks