• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New kid on the block from the UK

Hi all, I'm new here from over the pond here in the UK, not many Brits here I guess.
Just bought myself a 2004 M1097a2 converted to a 4 door 4 seat with deep water fording kit. Have wanted a Humvee for quite some time and took the plunge. It's a bit more modern to what I am used to, my other toys are a 1942 Ford GPW and the 1942 Dodge WC52. Boy the Humvee is world's apart, power steering and power brakes wow, never experienced such driving pleasure in a military vehicle. LOL.
Love the truck and I'm going to making some minor alterations but nothing major. Oh but I will be mounting a .50 BMG on a pedestal in the rear load bed.
Looking forward to picking your brains and learning lots from you all about modern military vehicles.
Thanks

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hi all, I'm new here from over the pond here in the UK, not many Brits here I guess.
Just bought myself a 2004 M1097a2 converted to a 4 door 4 seat with deep water fording kit. Have wanted a Humvee for quite some time and took the plunge. It's a bit more modern to what I am used to, my other toys are a 1942 Ford GPW and the 1942 Dodge WC52. Boy the Humvee is world's apart, power steering and power brakes wow, never experienced such driving pleasure in a military vehicle. LOL.
Love the truck and I'm going to making some minor alterations but nothing major. Oh but I will be mounting a .50 BMG on a pedestal in the rear load bed.
Looking forward to picking your brains and learning lots from you all about modern military vehicles.
Thanks
Hi Daren and Welcome to the Outfit!

If you haven't already found them, we have the TM's (Technical Manuals) here for easy downloading. They are really useful when you run into a problem. Lots of flow charts and parts lists...

Post up a new thread for yourself in the "Current Conflict" section. More pictures please :cool:

And again - welcome to the group!

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello and welcome to the forum! I've seen a few folks on here from your side of the pond, but not many.

You have a nice looking HMMWV there. I would like to hear (and see) more about your other vehicles. We are a picture hungry crowd 😁.

Glad you're here. Hope you enjoy.

Hello and welcome to the forum! I've seen a few folks on here from your side of the pond, but not many.

You have a nice looking HMMWV there. I would like to hear (and see) more about your other vehicles. We are a picture hungry crowd 😁.

Glad you're here. Hope you enjoy.
New around here so not sure if this is the place to post them but here is a taster of my toys. FYI the Mosquito is not mine 🙂
I also have the matching trailers for the Jeep and Dodge so would be interested in one for the HMMWV eventually, makes transporting all my show gear, tents, chairs, guns etc to shows.

Attachments

Hi Daren and Welcome to the Outfit!

If you haven't already found them, we have the TM's (Technical Manuals) here for easy downloading. They are really useful when you run into a problem. Lots of flow charts and parts lists...

Post up a new thread for yourself in the "Current Conflict" section. More pictures please :cool:

And again - welcome to the group!
Hi, I've downloaded various TM, which are useful, however struggling to find full wiring diagrams/schematics especially for the lighting circuits. After wading through pages and pages I'll find one page of wiring and that's all.
Jeep and Dodge TMs are much easier to use, LOL
I'll be keeping you all abreast of future developments with photos as time goes by.

m715mike

New around here so not sure if this is the place to post them but here is a taster of my toys. FYI the Mosquito is not mine 🙂
I also have the matching trailers for the Jeep and Dodge so would be interested in one for the HMMWV eventually, makes transporting all my show gear, tents, chairs, guns etc to shows.

I like your motorpool. I'm sure you enjoy taking them to shows!

My collection includes a British MV. https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threads/stal-ii-876.206124/

Do you ever see an Alvis Stalwart at the shows you attend?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks