• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Las Vegas Member

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just joined today after a few months of lurking around. I’m trying to learn and understand about hmmwv’s and how the forum works. I can’t seem to find sticky’s for hmmwv. I bought a really nice M1123 on 5/19/21 and I’m waiting for my release. I have a few things ready for when I get it and I have things that I desperately need. I will post some pics and do a build thread of my progress. I will not have bed liner even in the bed and I will retire the camo that it has. I will not add a wire that doesn’t have the factory end on it and I’m looking for the crimp tool now. I found a new tool kit for it that looks really complete with engine spreader bar and all, really nice cherry rivet gun with 3 different heads. I have some seats picked out that will be really nice if they fit. Lol I will take it apart so I can give it a quality gloss black paint job. Probably going to be top less until I can build a aluminum top and maybe 1/2 doors. First thing is to get it mechanical sound and serviced use it for the summer and tear it down in the fall. Probably too much info for just saying hi. I will try to post a pic of my new to me Hmmwv. I swear it looks like new in the right places that would so wear and abuse and it doesn’t have all the holes from the armor. Thanks for taking your time to view my introduction.811D4D0C-F4DC-4299-91EC-24CF86A820EC.jpegDE300450-198D-4712-BB39-78F17D966DD0.jpeg1DED3241-F171-44F7-87FB-D93C2020E927.pngB7C57907-0F0A-4BC7-93EB-B6A4D4B1C3F2.jpeg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I just joined today after a few months of lurking around. I’m trying to learn and understand about hmmwv’s and how the forum works. I can’t seem to find sticky’s for hmmwv. I bought a really nice M1123 on 5/19/21 and I’m waiting for my release. I have a few things ready for when I get it and I have things that I desperately need. I will post some pics and do a build thread of my progress. I will not have bed liner even in the bed and I will retire the camo that it has. I will not add a wire that doesn’t have the factory end on it and I’m looking for the crimp tool now. I found a new tool kit for it that looks really complete with engine spreader bar and all, really nice cherry rivet gun with 3 different heads. I have some seats picked out that will be really nice if they fit. Lol I will take it apart so I can give it a quality gloss black paint job. Probably going to be top less until I can build a aluminum top and maybe 1/2 doors. First thing is to get it mechanical sound and serviced use it for the summer and tear it down in the fall. Probably too much info for just saying hi. I will try to post a pic of my new to me Hmmwv. I swear it looks like new in the right places that would so wear and abuse and it doesn’t have all the holes from the armor. Thanks for taking your time to view my introduction.View attachment 837278View attachment 837279View attachment 837280View attachment 837281
Hi and Welcome Maxjeep1 !

Definitely a nice looking rig there.
The 12 seat stack is pretty neat.

Be careful as you go along toward making electrical changes. Lots of folks try to install some sort of keyed ignition and end up paying for that decision with a fire or just plain dead parts. If you feel the need to do better than the chain and lock method - a hidden hand thrown switch to disconnect the negative battery connection is safest. Less expensive too. Nobody but you needs to know where it is...

The "Sticky's" are generally up at the top of the forum for the vehicle. Some are more elaborate than others. Some spreadsheets are available by searching "this forum" (where ever you are) for "parts spreadsheet".

WELCOME to the group and best to you on your new ride!

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi and Welcome Maxjeep1 !

Definitely a nice looking rig there.
The 12 seat stack is pretty neat.

Be careful as you go along toward making electrical changes. Lots of folks try to install some sort of keyed ignition and end up paying for that decision with a fire or just plain dead parts. If you feel the need to do better than the chain and lock method - a hidden hand thrown switch to disconnect the negative battery connection is safest. Less expensive too. Nobody but you needs to know where it is...

The "Sticky's" are generally up at the top of the forum for the vehicle. Some are more elaborate than others. Some spreadsheets are available by searching "this forum" (where ever you are) for "parts spreadsheet".

WELCOME to the group and best to you on your new ride!
Thank you so much. It’s not a Hmmwv if you have a key. I might go fuel pump cut off switch and I’m really fascinated by a quick release wheel. I have no intentions of adding weight of any kind and probably egt gauge and kill switch and license plate light if I have to

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks