• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New LED Marker Light Problems.

Postman515

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anybody have any problems with any of the new old stock led marker lights? I bought 6 new in the static wrap lights. I put 3 on my M817 without any problems and they work great. I didn't need any ground other then mounting bolts. Mounted the other 3 on my 929a2 and they worked for a few seconds and then 1 would quit working and then another. Had 24v at every light. Leave it on for a few minutes and one may come on for awhile then back off. Thought maybe it was a ground problem so I added a jumper from trailer plug ground on frame to mounting bolt on one of the lights and then added one from another hole in frame to mounting bolt. So I have the ground from the 2 mounting bolts holding the bracket on and 2 other separate grounds and they still don't work. I used dremel tool to clean all ground points along with electrical grease. All of my connections are soldered. I took all the lights back off and went directly to the battery and can only get one to work by hooking ground off battery to grounding strip on light but it doesn't always work. Anything I'm missing or did wrong? Possibly bad lights? Thanks!

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The numbers on the wires may not correlate to the numbers on the wires for your truck. You need the newer style control module to run front led lights. If you ground the ground lead from the lights and put 24v one at a time to the connector wires the individual functions should light.

Postman515

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This are just the Grote marker lights. I put the 5 yellow ones on top of bed and was adding the 3 red lights between taillights. The 5 yellow lights work great but these 3 red ones are the ones causing me problems.

Postman515

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah these have 2 holes that have the ground plate. I can hook them directly to the battery and put a jumper from battery to the little post that the ground holes go to and nothing. 1 light works but very intermittantly.

Postman515

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These lights also came on while in my hand not grounded!??? Possibly 12V? Also had one light that wouldn't work yesterday so I brought it in the house and tried it today and it worked for a little while and then quit. When it first came on it was really dim then got bright. Any Ideas??

Postman515

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tried my 817 tonite and now those lights arent working.On my 817 I ran yellow leds in the same mount and wiring for weeks without any problems. Switched out to the red ones and now they don't work. ??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks