• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New LED Marker Lights

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Today I finally got around to installing the marker lights on my pipeline bed. I varied from "stock" by using red in place of the two blackout lights on the rear, and amber (wired into the turn signal circuits on the sides).

Here are some pics of the process...

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Nice Joel. :beer:

Did you buy a welder?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those lights really makes your truck look good (and mine look worse :oops:)! They are a real nice adddition to your truck. Keep up the good work! BTW, what paint are you using?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ojsdna744 said:
It looks great!! Now, get back outside and blast those yellow shackles!! [thumbzup]
Thats the Seabees! The bed came off a Seabees truck and they trim everything in yellow.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
24v LED marker lights? Or some fancy wiring with resisters or such?

Really really looks good! After getting my MIG welder, I hardly ever use my buzzbox. A monkey can learn to MIG weld in 15min, So it only took me like 14min! [thumbzup]

You should get some kind of welder, they are very very useful!

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
maddawg308 said:
Plan on using the pipeline deuce for work? Or is it only for shows and stuff?
This will never be a show quality truck, too frankenstein for that. The only pipeline parts I have are the bed itself(no attachments etc) and the PTO for the transfer case.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good job, Joel! Good thing it's not a show truck, the locust decking is far from perfect, but will last a life time. :)
It's kept indoors until we decide on the method of delivery.

No.2Diesel

Nice bed and lights!! You most certainly need a welding machine BFR. You don't know what your missing!! :eek: I don't know how I could live without my:
-Oxygen/Acetylene setup
-Lincoln AC/DC Arc 250Amp
-Miller Millermatic 175Amp MIG
-Miller Trailblazer 300Amp Engine Driven Arc with water cooled TIG torch and 12VS suitcase external wire feeder for MIG
-Miller CP-300 3-phase MIG with heavy duty wire feed (up to 60lb. spool.) I have 50ft. of wire from my outlet to the power source+50ft. of wire from power source to wire feeder (which is on a seperate cart) + 15ft. gun length. (I want to make a slick boom setup so all this wire can be suspended in the air.)

I'm still missing a Plasma Cutter :)