• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New LMTV owner

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its been a while since i worked on the truck, have a bunch of parts odds and ends to install. did not get the air bags on yet, but I did get a surprise find part from Gov Planet. Light Material Handling Crane, new in what was left of the crate. 3 sold i was lucky enough to buy the last one. Its a heavy bugger to install by yourself, but i did manage to get it together. I stopped this summer when it was hot and today decided i would finish. Everything works here are my questions.
1) i can not find a picture or diagram of where the Breaker box mounts. I assume it stays on the outside of the truck all the time and you just unplug the cord
2) does anyone actually use the ratcheting pivot or just pull the pin out so its free to rotate? i have both the long and short handle.
Pictures tomorrow when its light outside.
1. The breaker box does not mount anywhere. You only put it on when using the crane, and then just roll it up and store it with the rest of the cables when not in use.
2. I use the ratcheting pivot handle, and switched it to the long handle. I feel it's pretty important, as it allows you to positively control the swing of the loaded crane, as having it free-swinging would not only be dangerous, but physically difficult if it were really heavy. When the crane isn't in use, I put a bungee cord lightly around the ratchet handle and the crane post, to keep it from swinging while the truck is driving, or else it will slowly ratchet itself around (and could do something like puncture your cargo top and stick out into traffic).

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome find on the crane. Did GP have an NSN for that kit or was it just the kit number of 57K1215 ? I missed them if they just auctioned off three and need to know how GP listed it so I can accurately search for more.
i had two different searches saved and it never popped up. I just happened to log on when i got home and caught the last auction of 3. Here is what they were listed as
2007 Grove 1195000516 LMTV Crane Attachment

mccullek

Its been a while since i worked on the truck, have a bunch of parts odds and ends to install. did not get the air bags on yet, but I did get a surprise find part from Gov Planet. Light Material Handling Crane, new in what was left of the crate. 3 sold i was lucky enough to buy the last one. Its a heavy bugger to install by yourself, but i did manage to get it together. I stopped this summer when it was hot and today decided i would finish. Everything works here are my questions.
1) i can not find a picture or diagram of where the Breaker box mounts. I assume it stays on the outside of the truck all the time and you just unplug the cord
2) does anyone actually use the ratcheting pivot or just pull the pin out so its free to rotate? i have both the long and short handle.
Pictures tomorrow when its light outside.
I would love to have one of those as well. Will need to watch the auctions!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks