• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new M-101 from GL

davidkroberts

well I went to pick up my M-101 from the GL drop yard at Camp Robinson just outside Little Rock Ar. The guy at GL was great even met me at the gate to drive me back to the lot so i could find it and helped hook it up to the truck.

The trailer was brand new. I drove the nubiees off the tires and the paint in the bed and lunette wasnt even scratched. I couldnt be happier. The trailer pulled great and all it needs is the tires balanced.

This trailer is probably going to painted to match with the M715. Im going to run a dual tail light setup so i can run either 24V or 12V.

Attachments

brianrbull

Hey, just a suggestion but the LED tail light's are univolt 12-36(48?) volts. that would eliminate a lot of messing around with dual wiring ect, and no danger of hooking up the wrong plug and blowing all the bulbs....Just an idea.....

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I second the above post. Used military Trucklite univolt brake lights are on ebay all the time for cheap. Check with seller beltfed34... Thats the easiest solution out there for that. Disconnect the current lights, connect the LED ones, and cross that job off the to do list.

I run a set on my Canadian M101 trailer, and made up an adapter so I can plug it into my MV's, or civy trucks that use a 4 or 7 wire trailer plug. No hacking the mil harness, and it stays 100% original.