• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M1008 Checklist, Anything to add?

danochamp

I'll be buying a M1008 as soon as I sell my motorcycle to open the slot for a new toy. I'm only allowed one :(. Anyway, through my scanning of the forum, I've kind of created a check and repair list that I'll perform immediately, within a year, and if I have the money left over. I'll include that below but what do you more experienced guys think? Is there anything I didn't catch yet?

TO DO IMMEDIATELY:

CHECK:

- HARMONIC BALANCER
- COOLANT CROSSOVERS
- BRAKES
- ALL BRAKE LINES
- ALL HOSES
- THERMOSTAT
- FUEL FILTER
- BATTERIES
- STARTER
- BELTS

REPLACE:

- GLOW PLUGS
- AIR FILTER
- OIL CHANGE
- OIL FILTER
- TRANSMISSION FLUID
- DIFFERENTIAL FLUID

TO DO WITHIN A YEAR:

REPLACE:

- AIR FILTER
- THERMOSTAT
- BRAKE LINES
- FUEL FILTER
- STARTER
- BELTS

MONEY PERMITTING:

- 3.73 GEAR SWAP
- 4" LIFT KIT
- 33" OR 35" TIRES
- STEREO AND SPEAKERS
- EXTRA SEAT (just for fun, gonna mount in the bed :D)

DerangedMadman

With the trucks being old as they are you may also want to check spring and shackle bushings in the beginning. Even if you cannot afford to lift it immediately you still can replace those cheaply and get a better ride quality.

ralbelt

GO to the search function at the top of the page and type in doghead starter relay and scroll down and you will find it. I would post a link but I have not learned that function yet.

The G Man

Check oil filler cap...remove it, shake it and make sure it rattles..if not clean with carb cleaner if it still dont ratttle replace.

Also don't forget the CDR valve if these two screw up on you if can lead to seals leaking and alot of work. I have removed CDR and cleaned them. Most people just replace. Good Luck:grd: