• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M1009 and Military 6.2 powered '67 C-30

67_C-30

I have always wanted a M1009 Blazer, and I finally checked out GL and purchased one. I bought the cleanest, straightest one of the lot, and that EUC can't clear fast enough! I can't wait to get it.

Even though this is my first CUCV, I'm had experience working on my friend's '86 M1008. I have had 4 6.2/6.5 powered diesel trucks, and have got great service out of them. I also have a '67 C-30 dually pickup that has been repowered with a military takeout 6.2 and turbocharged with a '93 6.5 turbo set-up. They never built dually pickups in 1967, so I shortened the frame, installed a pickup bed., and fabricated the rear flares using stepside fenders of the same vintage truck. It is a unique animal to say the least. Here's a few pics of M1009 and the C-30 and its 6.2. The video is of the 6.2TD when I first got it running in the truck.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXhvZP9wryk[/media]

Attachments

superburban

Hey! I think I saw the build thread on that 67 with the 6.2 on some other thread! I just cant remember what site.
Way cool truck, BTW.