• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new M1009 interior pics

Hogg

Its been a while since Ive been on SS, had some time today, so i thought I'd post a few pics for you fellow M1009ers...

Sorry for the quality, only had a my phone available...

New Cabelas seat covers, work great, easy to install, and cheap.
New Highliner stereo headliner from LMC, and stereo with usb port for ipod
New Wilson phone booster with amp mounted in glove box
New Rough Country 4" lift laying in garage floor waiting for cooler weather to install....
Enjoy

Attachments

mr.travo

I know this is old, but I have a few questions-

1. how easy was the headliner to install?
2. How does it handle down bumpy roads (i.e.- does it shake and flex)?
3. Does the backside have any insulation?
4. How did you run the power wires? Are they hidden?
5. What is the "phone booster" do?

Great looking job on the install! I am thinking about doing the same, only I might paint the headliner green to match everything else.

jdeoliveira74

I know this is old, but I have a few questions-

1. how easy was the headliner to install?
2. How does it handle down bumpy roads (i.e.- does it shake and flex)?
3. Does the backside have any insulation?
4. How did you run the power wires? Are they hidden?
5. What is the "phone booster" do?

Great looking job on the install! I am thinking about doing the same, only I might paint the headliner green to match everything else.
I have the lmc overhead console as well it works great. it comes with a foam pad. for the back and its quite no vibes from it. I had a civi blazer that i took all the overhead trim from to mount mine.

mr.travo

Thanks for the info! I am just kicking around ideas for now. Part of me wants it to stay "original" but have the goodies hidden and the other part of me wants to do it this way so the roof can be insulated and the stereo and speakers are mounted out of the way. I am just not sure which way to go yet. I guess I just really need to see one in person.

I would hate for the plastic to crack and have a heavy mess of electronics smack me on my head. I guess that is my biggest fear.

762luver

I have seen this liner in LMC Truck and wondered about it as well. From the catalog write up it seems like there is room for more than one radio (FM and CB??) Is this the case or is there room for only the one as in the pics.

What brand is the center console. I need a place to keep extra stuff and to hold my beverage.

Thanks

mr.travo

I think it's a single space for just one or the other, I am not sure though. I have never seen it installed in person. '74 will have to post up and let you know though. Might be a good place for a CB, like you said. I wonder if my Cobra 29 would fit there..... Hmmmmmmm......... :twisted:

epartsman

Guys just food for thought. If you live in a high heat area like I do then I would stay away from the headliner. The factory ones fall and droop over time and the heat from the roof will cook your electronics and warp your CD's left in the radio. Just my 2 cents. My radio is going in the OEM slot as it is not hard to cut and this is not my first rodeo doing audio installs. I have a cool looking console that came in mine with 1 compartment and 2 adjustable cup holders I am going to remount on a raised frame and attach the CB there along with amps inside for the speakers. The antenna wire for the mil antennas is still there and it will get used with and adapter from radioshack for the CB and I will parallel an antenna and cable for FM. It wont hurt to modify with original looking appearence. Mine will eventually have a/c, power doors, gate, and a security system with remote start (these are just too easy to break into) but still appear 100% original until close inspection. I think it is worth the investment and after the sale of my 93 Suburban I will have most of the cash needed and will save up the rest doing what I can over time. Love this site, the Mods, & the info! CUCV's forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the console can come from LMC trucks...

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/bzc/full.aspx?Page=104

$100 plus s&h

OR just go to a salvage yard and look for a Blazer or Suburban 72 - 91 and see if it still has it's console - you can't paint the LMC trucks one, you COULD paint the one made by GM (old or new)

I'd be surprised if you can't buy it OEM from GM, but it would cost and arm and a leg

Last edited:

IdahoPlowboy

the console can come from LMC trucks...

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/bzc/full.aspx?Page=104

$100 plus s&h

OR just go to a salvage yard and look for a Blazer or Suburban 72 - 91 and see if it still has it's console - you can't paint the LMC trucks one, you COULD paint the one made by GM (old or new)

I'd be surprised if you can't buy it OEM from GM, but it would cost and arm and a leg
It says the console fits up to 1980. Does it fit very well in ones later than that?