• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New m1009 new headaches

jmmay82

I have purchased a m1009 for the first time in non running condition it was full of fuel and is getting fuel past both filters but will not start put two new batteries and it cranks fast if the glow plugs didn't work it should at least start with ether right. also it had a wierd tag above the drivers visor that was recent and said it was code H does anyone have any ideas where to start and what code h means thanks

EO2NMCB

Use a test light, check for power "with the key on" pink wire on top of the IP, if you are not getting power there it will never start. Pull a wire off one of the GP's and check for power. If the pink wire has power, you should hear a click when you push the wire back on.

Last edited:

jmmay82

yeah there is power at the pink wire it will pop off of ether but then dies so i don't think the glow plugs matter but do they? any help would be appreciated does any one know what the code h means? thanks

Michael

If you are using ether you need to unhook the glow plugs. If even one is working you can damage the engine. It should crank and run if you do use either. I believe the next step would be to loosen one of the injectors and see if fuel leaks out. Or download the TM and go through the troubleshooting.:grin: Links are in the FAQ at the top.

jmmay82

thanks nk why would they tag it unservicable because the motor was blown or just because it would not start? I will check to see if there is fuel at the injectors

kipman

If using ether, remove glow plug card, under dash above fuse block, use a rag force air into tank, have someone bleed air out of filter, then crack each injector line until you get fuel at that point, I used wd forty to start a stubborn m1009, mist above the intake without the air cleaner on.

HardCorps79

At least in the GS (General Support) part of Marine Corps supply, Condition Code "Hotel" (H) means it destined for demolition/destruction or the DRMO lot (essentially the same fate). There are other codes for items that can be sent back to the rear for repair and refurbishing. This doesn't mean your vehicle can't be made to run. Just means, that the military didn't think it was worth the time or effort to try and fix it.

Blood_of_Tyrants

Look at the fuel return line on top of the injector pump. Pull off the rubber return line and remove the fitting with the nipple on the injector pump. Try to blow through the fitting. If there is no air flow or very little air flow, take a hammer and punch and break the glass check ball inside and shake it out. Now try to start it.

jmmay82

thanks for all your input i have tried to bleed the filter several times itis solid fuel and the check valve in the return is working but no fuel is making it to the injectors is there way to test the injector pump or a better way to prime the system

jmmay82

Sorry about the pittiful spelling how do I know the injector pump isn't bad and does any one know a better way to bleed the air out of the fuel system this is very frustrating I will check to see if the fuel valve is opening thanks

Westech

CPL
all you can do is bleed out the fuel filter. I have installed many new pumps and never had to take the lines off the injectors to bleed the air out. The last pick up pump I installed (5 weeks ago) I did not bleed anything just started it. It really sounds like the solenoid is not working. That happen to me on a brand new pump. Was running for a day or two then just shut off. Checked to see if that was working and it was not, I installed a used one and fired right up. Even if you Hear the "click" it may not be pulling hard enough to open the valve.

jmmay82

I am going nuts with this thing I have fuel coming out of the filter, The shut off valve is working properly, there is very little fuel coming through the bypass on top of the fuel shut off cover but it is not clogged please if anyone knows any diagnostic tips let me know I do not want to spend some serious dough on an injector pump and it not be the problem

Does anyone know a reasonable place to get injector pumps from(incase that is the problem. Thanks alot for everyones input

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks