• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new m1009 owner

jdeoliveira74

first i want to say you guy rock i have been on many forums before owning this vehicle. I have alread had to change my re main seal and oil pan gasket. What gear ratio are these trucks running. Also just picked up an 88 civi blazer with 700r4 should i swap i use this truck for alot of highway... but i tow alot also? Will have pics up soon!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M1009s come with 3.08 gearing in stock form. The 700R4 will work but will suck for towing anything.

jdeoliveira74

yeah i have heard that. most people dont like the 700r4 but are huge fans of the th400. now that I have fixed the vacuum issue the transmission shifts alot better.
thanks for the input

jdeoliveira74

i will post pics soon i will be working on her this weekend got a civi blazer sitting in drive way waiting to be torn apart. i did pull the console already this past weekend

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks