• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1097A2 build thread

M998y

It is now time to think about my next steps after the recommended maintenances.

1- Any batteries recommendation? Any links?

2- Goal 1: 40’s tires (40x13.5R17) with at least 2” lift.
a) Will 2” be enough. If not, recommendations?
b) For a poke style, what wheel specs would you recommend? Brand/model/link?

3- Goal 2: 2 man soft top, soft doors to 4 man hardtop hard door conversion. Although the quality and convenience is there, I simply can’t stomach the price for each items, let alone the total cost for current aftermarket options. I will have to make my own.

4- other goals
- 24v to 12v conver
- AC : recommendations?

5- any other recommendations?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is now time to think about my next steps after the recommended maintenances.

1- Any batteries recommendation? Any links?

2- Goal 1: 40’s tires (40x13.5R17) with at least 2” lift.
a) Will 2” be enough. If not, recommendations?
b) For a poke style, what wheel specs would you recommend? Brand/model/link?

3- Goal 2: 2 man soft top, soft doors to 4 man hardtop hard door conversion. Although the quality and convenience is there, I simply can’t stomach the price for each items, let alone the total cost for current aftermarket options. I will have to make my own.

4- other goals
- 24v to 12v conver
- AC : recommendations?

5- any other recommendations?

Thanks!
1) Personally I am running these batteries, but there is a little debate as to stick with the military 6T series or use civilian sizes. I am not a purist, and the group 24AGM have been working great for me for years now.
a123f4f5dd8e3adf5c286ad751292544eb0d428b-1.jpg

2) A)39.5x13.5 will fit without any lift, so 2" lift with 40" is plenty.
B) no idea

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks