• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M1165 Jigsaw Puzzle

Jeffphillips

I spent the weekend trying to figure out all the ways my shiny "new" M1165 was butchered, and I am left with the following questions I hope someone can help me out with:

1-there is a portion of wiring harness that was cut as it comes up next to the dog house, I can’t figure out what it was for, if it was important, and what I should do with it.

2-up next to the wiper motor are these three plug like things. What are they for?

3-the vehicle seems to have had the DWF kit removed including the valve and selector. I am left with these three hoses that just stop next to the washer reservoir, and I am wondering if they are part of that system. One seems to tee into the power steering reservoir, and one appears to go back to the air filter housing. The larger one goes nowhere and just ends on the opposite side of the engine compartment. There is also a plug in this area and a cut wire down below. Are these all related, or different functions?

any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

spankybear

They demill by cutting the radio power cable, first pic... Then remove all fording plumbing... 2nd pic is where your Froding CDR was cut out. 3rd looks like the connector for fuel pressure sensor on fuel filter. They take the bolts out and drop the fuel filter. They do this to get to the fording valve. I believe they connectors on the windshield is for a deicer thingy but not 100% sure on that.

You can get a non fording CDR

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Caution….With the batteries hooked up, that cable in pic #1 is “hot” and receiving power from the power feed thru post inside the battery compartment. Disconnect both batteries and then pull that cable out from underneath. Then either disconnect the wires from feed thru post or cap off and zip tie them securely out of the way.

mrfarb

This image from the TM should help you with the DWF puzzle. As a new to the Hmmwv world guy myself, if you familiarize yourself with the TM parts manuals they will really go far in teaching you a lot of things. Keep in mind most of these parts were removed but the lines remain.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The most important thing is you probably do not have a CDR valve (#18 in the above schematic), this leaves a direct opening into the engine intake and one piece of trash gets in there and the engine is toast!!! (read do not run or wash the engine until fixed)
The cut wires are for a radio install and as Hoveringhmmwv said is hot and needs to be removed.
The three wire by the WW motor are capped so they are not used on your truck

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last pic; the three capped wires on the center windshield I believe are for the optional windshield heat system. Those are routed around and terminate behind the battery box (same wire numbers). You can use those for powering items at the center windshield to prevent your needing to route wires to that location. One is a ground.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks