• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new m35a2 owner

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had a m715 for several years and hung out at m715zone. Now that I've got the duece I figured I'd come here and join the club. Truck runs like a top and just needs a paint job and some small detail items. If I can find me a winch and a drop-side for it and add a dump I'll have it just like I want it.
My first question I have is on the air compressor air intake. I've worked on trucks and heavy equip. all my life and all the air intakes I've seen have a hose going from the comp to the truck air filter so that it draws air through the engine filter. My multi-fuel comp just has a piece on the side of the comp that has a hole in the bottom where it draws air. Is that the filter or am I missing something that attaches to that piece?

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a filter in there and that is the way they are set up but...... The deep water fording kit has a hose that clamps on to the compressor and goes over to the air cleaner housing. Look on the air cleaner housing and you will find the nipple to attach the hose. You can run it with the hose in place without problems. Just buy a length of the appropriate size hose.

acetomatoco

There are two different compressors used... all covered in your manuals which you as a newbie should be reading in bed every night and at coffee break at work and while you are stuck in traffic.. Your truck looks nice and clean and straight. I note that it did not get the composite light upgrade and that it apparently has only one coat of paint..and probably no carc... lucky you.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Congratulations and welcome to SS - :beer:

There are some very good threads here that cover winch conversions, dump conversions and tons of info about paint jobs, markings, etc.

Srjeeper

Welcome to the wounderful world for the Duce and SS.com...........enjoy the ride....got a nice lookin truck there!

sailor2000

Welcome to the NEXT LEVEL of the Green Addiction... THE DEUCE!!! LOL!!!

I have had my Deuce for about 4 months now and have found the folks on this forum to be wonderfully helpful and supportive... I would have been lost many times without the help I have found here.... welcome aboard!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks