• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new M416 trailer

edpdx

Bought one last week. I need to replace the Lunette Ring- Might be able to weld just the ring, where it was cut off to make room for a ball hitch.

Also need a spare. The trailer now has two stock wheels, I would like to keep them that way. Are the military tread tires good for freeway miles until I hit the sticks, or should I switch to All Terrain tires on the stock rims?

Wolf.Dose

Is it a M416 or a 416A1. Replacement hitch rings should be available from scrap trailers. As it is a M416 the stock number is 2540-732-8311 called coupler(lunette) drawbar, ring 7328311 (19207).
For the M416A1 I do not have the manual, so I can not help you with the numbers.
Hope this helps.
The 7.00-16 tires, if not really a hundred years old, are good for some 60 mph according to the tire and rim manual.
Wolf