• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M715 owner from Oklahoma

Roadking Larry

Found this site after hearing about it on APS.
Looks like a great bunch of folks with lots of good info to be had.

Picked up a '68 M715 last week. It's a little rough but no rust, runs and drives.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great looking truck!! And welcome from a fellow Okie and M715 owner.

A great bunch of people here.

Be sure to check out www.m715zone.com for more detailed info on the Kaiser.

91W350

That thing came complete with a tree killer bumper! I spent way too much money on those trucks and I still love them! Glen

Roadking Larry

That thing came complete with a tree killer bumper! I spent way too much money on those trucks and I still love them! Glen

Yeah the front bumper on this thing is massive. It is a big hunk of channel iron for the main part with a piece of 1/4" plate for the top. I'd guess it weighs 300# at least with all the brace work included. I haven't decided if it will stay or not yet.

91W350

Turn it into a winch mount, I used a section of frame off of a John Deere drill for the bumper, made 1/4" support brackets and used a 3/8ths plate for the face mount. I could triple block a 8,000 winch and never had anything give....sliding tires, I guess. I had a 10,000 winch under the box and would frequently winch off of both ends at the same time, using a tree or big rock for an anchor while recovering somebody else or pulling stumps. Two winches was a wonderful thing!

Roadking Larry

Let me guess, no cure but the treatment involves additional MVs.
Actually this may be a symptom of another ailment I already had which involves an obsession with old tractors and antique machinery, classic trucks and now classic MVs.

Barrman

Yep, you have wandered into a place where there are thousands just like you. If it is mechanical and old, or newer. Most of us have an interest or a collection already. Wait until you meet others face to face. Soon you will be going to visit. Then meeting more and visiting more. Pretty soon after that, new yard art will start showing up at your house.

Ten years ago I had 1 M715, a hot rod truck, a British sports car and a shop they and their parts could all fit in. Now I have 9 MV's, 2 British sports cars, a metal shop almost full of parts, a new outbuilding full of more parts, 3 more MV's at my place that aren't even mine and a couple of other vehicles from fellow addicts that are mine as well. I am a mild addict compared to others on here by the way.

Your fellow Okie, Warthog, has probably brought home three times as many vehicles in just a third of the time is one example.

The only cure is to buy more.

diesel583

Glad to have you on board. I saw that truck down town last week ( Chelsea is home) but I got more toys than I can keep up with. Yell if you need help

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your fellow Okie, Warthog, has probably brought home three times as many vehicles in just a third of the time is one example.

The only cure is to buy more.
Fess up Barrman, I send most of them your way..............................LOL :p

Roadking Larry

Glad to have you on board. I saw that truck down town last week ( Chelsea is home) but I got more toys than I can keep up with. Yell if you need help

Man, I can't go anywhere!
As small as Chelsea is I'd have never figured I'd run into a neighbor here.
we'll have to see about a meet and great.

PM inbound.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks