• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member and deuce owner

Wild Horse Hans

Hi all,
Just bought a 68 Kaiser deuce winch model about 5 minutes ago. It came with 5 extra tires, an M105 trailer and 3 gas air compressors.
Will pick it up next week sometime after they get the brakes adjusted, new flasher unit and the front driveshaft back in.
It is fine mechanically, but a bit rough body wise in a few places. I will need to replace the drivers side fender and fix a few other spots.
As soon as I get it home I will post more photos.
Hans

Attachments

Last edited:

Wild Horse Hans

Thanks,
As I said it needs a bit of work, but it is drivable as is. I'll play around with it and see if I can get a new fender. It is a turbo model and runs very strong and remarkably smooth. It even has a trick up it's sleeve that I will share once I get it home.

rattlecan6104

Welcome and the feeling of driving off with the deuce for the first time, knowing that a remarkable piece of history is now yours, is in my opinion, remarkably awesome! Enjoy.

Wild Horse Hans

Got the trailer and 5 wheels and tires home today. Trailer is in pretty nice bodywise. I will have to check the wiring and brakes as well as replace the wood on the on the stake racks.
It is a 1967 Johnson so the truck and trailer are from right about the same time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks